Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 54: Cardio

August 3, 2011

  6 days - Blue Band Officer Week
13 days - Blue Band Marching Auditions/Band Camp Begins
31 days - Penn State vs. Indiana State
38 days - Penn State vs. Alabama
45 days - Penn State vs. Temple


I've had a lot of people ask me about how I manage to maintain a high pace/intensity cardio session for a full hour, and aside from working yourself up to performing at that level... it's all about the music, for me at least.  I decided to post my current cardio playlist.  It usually stays the same, with some additions/subtractions when new music comes out, or once I overplay some music.  It's mostly hip-hop based, only because I've found that it helps to relax my mind and body and focus all of the output where it needs to be put out, rather than rock music which tends to cause myself to be tense throughout my body and mind, which exhausts me quicker for a very slight difference in results.  All of these songs are at very high tempos (I don't pulse on beats 2 & 4 - every quick beat is a pulse for my workouts).  If I'm in a recovery or high-resistance phase, I split the tempo in half and it's usually still extremely challenging.  As for the lyrical content (for most of these songs)... I'm not always locked into that as much as the tempo and overall "flow" or beat of the song, so, take that with a grain of salt... I do like to pick songs that will be confidence booster/motivators.

Here's the current playlist (total time 1:46:51)
1.  Lupe Fiasco - Till I Get There
2.  Soulja Boy - Turn My Swag On
3.  Jeremih - Down On Me (Feat. 50 Cent)
4.  3OH!3 - I Can Do Anything
5.  Primary Element - The Greatest
6.  Eminem - Cinderella Man
7.  Jeremih - Jumpin'
8.  Shad - Yaa I Get It
9.  Lil' Wayne - Did It Before (Prod. by Kanye West)
10.  Drake - Little Bit (Feat. Lykke Li)
11.  Pretty Lights - Total Fascination
12.  Drake - Unstoppable (Feat. Santo Gold)
13.  Pretty Lights - Still Rockin'
14.  B.o.B. - How u do that - (Prod. by Kutta)
15.  Kanye West - POWER
16.  A Day To Remember - All I Want
17.  Drake - Miss Me (Feat. Lil' Wayne)
18.  B.o.B. - So So (Prod. by Jim Jonsin)
19.  Drake - Up All Night (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
20.  Usher - She Don't Know (Feat. Ludacris)
21.  Taking Back Sunday - Carpathia
22.  Jay-Z - Moment Of Clarity
23.  B.o.B - Beast Mode (Prod. by Infinity)
24.  Taking Back Sunday - New Again
25.  Drake - Throw It In The Bag (Feat. Fabolous)(Remix)
26.  Shad - Flawless [NEW]
27.  Drake - Killers (Feat. Nipsey Hussle)

So, if you're looking for some good tunes for a solid and high-paced cardio workout, I'd suggest any of the tunes above, they've worked great for me. 

Speaking of all of this cardio business, that's my plan for today... followed by a great deal of packing and some fundamentals studying.

Tomorrow I've got an 8am meeting and a golf outing at 10:30, and possibly seeing a friend or two for the last time for awhile, so I probably won't post until the weekend.

That's all for now.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment